1. Weight Training
2. Chair Yoga Pose
3. Mountain Climbers
This simple exercise helps you lose weight effectively, especially the fat around your stomach. In fact, it is a full-body workout and provides complete abdominal and cardio training when done quickly.
4. Standing Forward Bend Yoga Pose
Also known as Padahastasana, this yoga pose is also effective for reducing abdominal fat.
During this pose, complete compression of the abdomen occurs, which helps get rid of stubborn belly fat. It is also good for your muscle health.
Crunches are also one of the best-known exercises for burning stomach fat very easily and quickly.
- Hold your position for 3 to 5 seconds.
- Inhale as you return to your starting position.
- Repeat 10 to 12 times to form a complete set.
- Perform 3 sets, 4 times a week.
6. Bicycle Exercise
The bicycle exercise is a highly effective form of exercise to help reduce stubborn belly fat. It not only burns your stomach fat but also tightens your tummy muscles.
- Repeat this 10 to 12 times.
- Do this 3 or 4 times a week.
Dietary and Lifestyle Tips
Along with exercise, certain dietary and lifestyle changes can help you reach your goal.
- Gain control over the portions of food you eat to help reduce your total calorie intake. Always eat from a plate instead of out the box, and use smaller plates and bowls to help with portion control.
- Eat more foods rich in complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains, fruits and vegetables, lean proteins like fish, poultry, beans, soy and low-fat dairy products.
- Instead of frying your food, cook using healthy techniques like baking, broiling, roasting or steaming your food.
- Eat more foods that are rich in soluble fiber, as this helps decrease the accumulation of belly fat.
- Avoid drinks like soda, coffee, fruit juice and alcohol, as they are concentrated sources of calories.
- Increase your intake of water, lemon water, unsweetened tea or sugar-free drinks. If you do not like plain water, you can opt for flavored water.
- Always have a healthy breakfast and do not skip this important meal. Oatmeal or plain yogurt topped with nuts or fruit are some healthy choices.
- Carry healthy snacks with you. Good options include a small handful of almonds or walnuts, a fresh apple, or baby carrots with Greek yogurt dip.
- Maintaining good posture while sitting and standing can also help.
- You can get rid of that bloated, puffy feeling by drinking the right amount of water and managing your salt intake.
- Even reducing stress can help shrink your pot belly.