1. Dumbbell Bench Press
- Lie face-up on a bench with your arms straight, a dumbbell in each hand (A).
- Lower the dumbbells until they’re close to the sides of your chest (B), then press them back up to the starting position.
- That’s one rep.
- Do 10 reps, then go to move 2 without rest.
- Start on all fours, your palms slightly wider than your shoulders, feet close together.
- Your body should form a straight line from head to toe (A).
- Lower down until your chest almost touches the floor.
- Keep your upper arms at a 45-degree angle to your torso (B).
- Pause, then push back to the starting position.
- Do 10 push-ups and rest 90 seconds.
Repeat moves 1 and 2 one more time (so you’ll do each exercise twice). Rest 90 seconds before move 3.
3. Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
- Sit on an adjustable bench set to a low incline (about 15 to 30 degrees) and place your feet flat on the floor.
- Grasp two dumbbells and hold them up above your shoulders, arms straight (A).
- Slowly lower the weights down to the sides of your chest (B).
- Pause, then press the dumbbells back up toward the ceiling.
- Do 10 reps, then go to move 4 without rest.
4. Dumbbell Fly
- Lie face-up on a flat bench with your feet flat on the floor.
- Hold a pair of dumbbells above your shoulders with your elbows slightly bent (A).
- Keeping the slight bend in your elbows, lower the weights until your elbows are even with your chest (B).
- Keep the same bend in your elbows as you press the weights back up.
- Perform 10 reps.
- Rest 90 seconds.